Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What is that feeling?

You have planned for months, spent hours making reservations, searching for deals, researching park hours, resorts, dining, rides and so much more. You really do get to the point where it consumes your life! So what exactly is that feeling you get when it is almost time for your trip to Walt Disney World?

For me, I get a feeling of peace, and serenity. I know it may sound so entirely farfetched but that is how I feel. I am about 18 days out from my 22nd Walt Disney World vacation and the excitement I feel only gets stronger as the years go by. Why do I feel peace? I think it may be because everything is done. I already know the place like the back of my hand, and really, once I get there all we need to do is have fun. I guess that feeling of peace comes with many years of great planning and attention to detail.

Serenity means the state or quality of being calm or tranquil. Before I pack my family and make the trek to Walt Disney World, I get a feeling of serenity. I have been wondering why exactly I feel that way and while I struggle to put those feelings into words, I think it is because when I am there I feel fully detached from this world of chaos, responsibility, stress and distractions that keep me from the most important thing on earth.....my family.  I can honestly say that when we are at WDW all together, there is nothing that can distract me from my mission to spend quality time with my family. I don't cook, clean, drive talk on the phone text or go on the internet at all while we are at WDW. In my life that is the picture of serenity.

"I don't want the public to see the world they live in while they're in the Park. I want them to feel they're in another world." Walt Disney

I would love to hear how you feel when your Walt Disney World vacation is near. Comment, email, or visit our forum to share your thoughts.

See you real soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment