Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oktoberfest is Year Round at Biergarten




Photo from wdwinfo.com via google images


Biergarten
Germany Pavilion, Epcot World Showcase

Location: Germany Pavilion
Cusine: German

Lunch & Dinner 
Experience: Special & Unique Dining
Price: $15-$35.99

Disney Dining Plan accepted 


Dine, dance, drink and be entertained at Biergarten, where it is always Oktoberfest!!! Enjoy traditional German dishes, complimented by German wine, beer and a live performance by an oompah band.

Biergarten offers lunch and dinner buffets. Diners will enjoy their meal at large shared tables that seat 8. In between getting to know other table guests and eating, diners will also enjoy traditional tunes played by the oompah band. Tunes such as Edelweiss and the Bird Dance are designed to get the crowd brewing with participation. Families are encouraged to hit the dance floor and dance the polka!!!




Before hitting the buffet adults should check out the beverage menu as it is fully stocked with German beer and wine. I took advantage of trying a light beer flight…it was super yummy and allowed me to try 4 German beers.


There is a cold section of the buffet which includes cold meats and cheeses. The traditional German eats that you can expect to taste are German bread such as pretzel bread, steaming hot plates of  meatballs, pork, salmon fillet with a light dill sauce, bratwurst, and an accompanying condiment bar with hot mustard, sweet mustard, relish, chutney, catsup, curry catsup.  Pork shank gratin that was bits of pork shank mixed with light sauerkraut, and topped with mashed potatoes and cheese.  At another hot station were glazed carrots, roasted potatoes, pork schnitzel with hunter sauce, and a carving station with sliced roast pork and meatloaf.    I recommend trying the potato leek soup, this is by far one of the best soups I have had on WDW property!! Yummy!! Another item we fell in love with were the potato dumplings with bread crumb butter…oh my just delicious!! I love the challenge of bringing children to a place where they can sample new foods. My kids LOVED this food!!

Photo From www.dadsguidetowdw.com via google images


While you are eating the oopah band is sure to rock the house with their traditional German sounds. From the minute they started playing to the end all three of my kids were fully engaged in this show. (Kids ages are 2,6 & 13)

Photo from mousebeat.com via google images


The dessert is always my favorite part of eating at WDW!  Items such as Bavarian cheesecake, Apple Strudel with vanilla sauce, fruit salad, a Black Forest cake roll, vanilla pudding with chocolate sprinkles, and cookies. I am going to have to say that the Apple Strudel with vanilla sauce was my personal favorite!!!


While I have only eaten at Biergarten once, I am going to have to add it to my must-do list for every trip to WDW! I love the fact that we get a dinner show with our meal, my kids are exposed to new foods and cultures and for those on the dining plan, it will only cost you one dinner credit. I am going to rate Biergarten a 9!!

Have you entered in our contest to win a free $10 Disney gift card? Click here for details. 

See ya real soon!!
Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment