Happy Saint Patrick's Day!! I hope that you have a day full of magical Leprechauns and colorful rainbows!!
Not only is spring in the air but many people are planning for their spring/summer Disney vacations. As the countdown to trp time is ticking so is the itch to buy time with the kiddos. I don't know about you but as my Disney trip approaches I get so anxious for it to be trip time. My kids and I try to do some trip planning activities to help us buy time while we wait for that magical day to come.
1. Mousekeeping Envelopes- My family and I leave tips for Mousekeeping daily. In the morning we are always in a mad dash to get to the parks and sometimes in that dash we forget to leave the tip out or we never seem to have the correct amount of cash on us at that time. One way to save time and stay organized is to make Mousekeeping envelopes. You will want to have your tip amount ready to put in the envelopes and seal them. You can either print labels that say Thank you Mousekeeping or you can have your kids write on them and decorate them with stickers from the dollar store. Another way to do it is to visit The Mouse For Less and print one of their selections of Mousekeeping envelope labels.
2. Create Disney Themed T-Shirts- On our most recent trip to Disney we decided to create themed Disney t-shirts for our trip. My kids got involved in creating them and we had a blast!! The best part of it is, if you have a computer and a printer you can create some really neat t-shirts all for very inexpensive. Visit Disboards.com and click on creative designs to learn all about how to create your very own Disney t-shirt.
3. Room Decorations- We have an absolute blast decorating our resort room windows. There is nothing like coming back after a long night at the parks and seeing your room window decorated. There is almost always something to celebrate no matter what season you’re going to Disney. What we do is visit the dollar store or Target Dollar Spot to shop for window clings, lights and any other themed items that we can bring to make our room feel like home. Take the kiddos on a little shopping spree..they will love picking out all of the decorations.
4. Autograph Books- Kids love creating things so why not create your own autograph book to use on your trip? Visit Creative Designs on Disboards.com and browse through the plethora of design options for your book. Click here for detailed instructions about how to create your book at home. The kids really do enjoy showing the characters what they have created and plus this is a bit of a detailed project that takes up a good amount of time before your trip. :0)
5. Birnbaum's Disney World Guide for Kids-Just like we like to plan and read the Disney guide books kids love it too. I always buy the Birnbaum's Walt Disney World for Kids book. My kids love reading it and seeing what is new and also to see what we have not done yet. They mark up their books with their list of must-do's. This is a great way to get your kids into reading some nonfiction material that they are interested in.
There are a ton of things that you can do to help you buy time as you wait for your trip to come. I would love to hear about how you keep yourself and your kids busy while you wait.
See ya real soon!!