Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday's top 10 things I learned while at Disney World

The beauty of Disney is that there is so much to see and do, you could not possibly do everything all in one trip. Every time we visit, we learn new things. Check out what made my list of top 10 things that I learned on my most recent trip to Disney World.

10. You do not need to sit through the animation show,  “Drawn to Animation”  located in The Magic of Disney Animation  building  in order to get to the character greeting area in the back of the building.  Not that we do not enjoy this show but our younger son just does not sit well through these types of shows. It was nice to know that we could go through the animation store and enter the character meet and greet area though there.


9.  We need to make more pool time for our kids. We find that we become park commandos when really sometimes it is ok to just stay back and relax for a half of a day.


8.  That I actually need a mid-day break. I never thought that I would say that. Maybe I am getting old…..lol. I am only 31. :0)


7. I learned that Disney is the only place you will catch me in matching T-Shirts, Crocs and Mickey Ears and actually feel cool.


6.  I just love Biergarten in Germany!!! This was our first time eating there…our children had so much fun watching the show while we dined. In addition, we love that our kids were able to try some new foods and us some new beer. :0)

5.  I learned that when Mousekeeping cleans your room they have to enter in a code on your room phone. If that code is not entered their boss will come and check to see if your room was cleaned, if not if will be done immediately. 

4. Did you know that Pop Century food court has a bakery that carries cappuccino and lattes. Not that it was the best cup of coffee I have ever had but it gave me a good boost of caffeine…much better than the stuff you fill in your resort mug, no offense but yuck!

3.  I found it amazing that when my 5 year old son raved about the lobster cream soup at Coral Reef the waiter handed him the recipe.  The waiter then proceeded to explain that when Logan (my son) was missing Disney and craving that soup he could help me make it at home. That was a magical Disney moment.  By the way….you can ask for recipes at any of the Disney restaurants on property.

2. Well it finally happened to me…..we lost a Key to the World Card. Now before getting upset, I should have taken a moment to realize that I am at Disney and that no CM could ever let me feel hopeless in this situation.  We went to the front gate at Animal Kingdom and let them know we lost our key…within 3 minutes we had a new one. The CM did let us know that if we found the old one we were not to use it. I guess the key was coded as stolen.  Lesson learned do not panic and report asap to cancel the key and charging privileges.  FYI….the key was never found.

1. I am getting much better at this but with each and every trip I am slowing down…and in a good way. I am learning to stop and smell the roses. I want to see all of the magic and detail that was put into creating the most magical place on earth.


See ya real soon!

Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment